Do you need to suck in your stomach while posing for pictures? Or have you simply given up on your favorite skinny jeans as it does not fit anymore? Well, opting for loose, shapeless clothes may not be an ideal way of hiding your belly fat. You need to make some efforts to get the flat stomach you have always dreamt of. Don’t worry! Getting a flat stomach does not necessarily mean subjecting yourself to demanding challenges, diets, detoxes and immense agony. A toned and flat stomach is the fitness goals of many people but they are unsure of how to achieve this goal. Regardless of your fitness level, size or lifestyle, it is possible to achieve a flat stomach if take the right approach. Simply making a combination of few regular exercises that burn fat with a healthy diet will go a long way in achieving your goal.
A toned and flat belly is not just about looking good; it has a lot of other benefits too. When you know the other benefits of having a flat stomach, you will be further motivated to achieve the same. Here are few advantages of having a flat belly –
- Having a flat stomach is an indication of a good state of health and healthy lifestyle.
- It makes you feel better about yourself and boosts confidence.
- A flat stomach will help you fit in your clothes properly without spilling out or bulging from sides.
- Having a flat stomach means that there is no extra fat or flab surrounding your vital body organs.
- It has been seen people with big stomach are more prone and vulnerable to Type II diabetes. There are also other health issues like heart disease, cancer and more associated with stomach fat.
- A flat stomach means a well-developed core, which in turn makes you stronger. It makes the body less prone to muscle strain and other injuries.
Flat stomach ensures a better blood flow to the body. It helps lift your mood and makes you more happy and cheerful.
Foods for a Flat Stomach
Are you ready to blast some belly fat? Well, your food is an important element that you need to look into. Make sure you stock up on the following items that help shed belly fat in your kitchen –
- Lentils like chickpeas, dried peas, white beans
- Green tea
- Olive oil
- Bran and whole grains
- Chili Peppers
- Dark Chocolate
Exercises for a Flat Stomach
For better and effective results, it is always advisable to maintain a nutrition intensive diet with regular exercise. Don’t worry if you do not have the time to hit the gym every day. Here are few stomach fat burning exercises that you can do at home –
- Roll like a ball
Sit down on a yoga mat or carpet. Fold your knees to hold your ankles. Now start moving forward and back rolling like a ball. Inhale as you roll back and exhale as you roll forward.
- Pike and Extend
Lie on a yoga mat face up. Bring your legs to 9- degrees and hands straight behind your head. Now crunch up and try to reach your feet with your hands. You can also try the same exercise by keeping one leg at 90 degrees and other slightly above the ground.
This is the best exercise for upper abdomen. Lie on your back and fold your legs at knees. Put your hands behind your neck and lift your upper back and shoulders. Hold a few seconds, go back to lying position and repeat again.
Health Tips for a Flat Stomach
Maintaining a healthy nutrition and proper lifestyle is essential for a healthy body and a flat stomach. Incorporate these healthy habits in your daily routine and see the amazing results –
- Stay hydrated by drinking a lot of water. Water not only cleanses your body but also keeps your metabolism running.
- Maintain your posture. Do not stoop or hunch as it makes your belly look bigger. You should always maintain a straight back whether you are standing or sitting. Shoulders back, chin up and a straight back is a posture you need to adapt to.
- Include probiotics in your daily meal. Buttermilk and yogurt are the best way to add probiotics to your meals.
- Add more fiber to your meals. They are a great way of flattening your stomach. Make a habit of eating oatmeal for breakfast. You can add nuts and fruits to it for better taste. Almonds and walnuts are good for a flat stomach.
- Munch on vegetables as much as you can. Try to include broccoli, apples, beans and other foods.
Don’t let a flat stomach be a distant dream! Start working towards it today and you will be amazed at the results. A flat and toned stomach will not only make you feel good, it is good for your health too.